Help people engage with science. Help people engage with their environment. Use science to drive social and conservation action. [more …]
The Biodiversity and Development Institute exists to create opportunities to do fundamental and applied biodiversity and development research, incorporating both science & humanities perspectives
Research themes and questions
- Art & practice of science
Human dimensions of science
Research field methods
How and why do people vary in the ways in which they engage with science, particularly their understanding of the human and natural systems in which they live? How can we improve this engagement?
How and why do communities, populations, and individual organisms vary in space and time in their behaviour, distributions, demography, and physiology?
- Sustainable development
How do we develop robust societies in ways that are inclusive, socially responsible, environmentally sustainable, and financially viable?
You can find out more here:
- People – meet the team
- Citizen Science – What is it? How can I get involved?
- African Ringing Expeditions – learn about the expeditions we offer
- Science Consulting – Get technical and logistical support
- Research Training
- Biodiversity Observations – a repository of HTML versions of BO journal articles
- BDIgest – a digest of recently-published research articles
- News – the latest blog posts, BO articles, digests, and news
- Archive – archive of blog posts, BO articles, digests, and news